Sennheiser HD 439 vs Sennheiser HD 449 - Rock Genre?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by hj576, Jul 31, 2014.

1. hj576

hj576 New Member

Jul 31, 2014
    I currently own JVC HA RX 700 , I am thinking of upgrading my cans for new one. I did a lot of research and asked a few friends and ended up deciding to get grado SR 60e. But They are quite expensive here in Europe (99 euro on Amazon France and Amazon Germany).

So i decided to look elsewhere. I would prefer an Over Ear headphones with a closed back since i usually listen to music while comuting or in my college lab so i need isolation (Grados were good enough for me to give that up and just used my jvc in such circumstances ).

The Genre i usually listen to is Pop ,Alternative Rock , Indy Rock , Pop Rock , nu metal , experimental rock , christian rock , punk rock . I dont listen to heavy Metal that often

Some of the bands i usually listen to

Linkin Park (old stuff )
    Breaking Benjamin
    End game
    Simple plan
    Nickel back
    Marianams trench
    30 seconds to Mars

The Cab

Imagine Dragon

The Headphones i narrowed down to that fit my range were Sennheiser HD 439 or Sennheiser HD 449.

I have read a lot of reviews and from what i can tell is people prefer 439 due to the better bass they produce. I am not into hip hop , rnb or such stuff that require a lot of bass. Yes i would a good amount of bass for the genre i listen to but nothing that would muffel the mids and the highs. I am not looking for subwoofer kind of bass that would shake my head.

449 has a better Sound Stage and thats what attracts me about it as compared to 439 .

Based on this Information what do yo
  2. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

Jul 27, 2012
    The 449 is a superior headphone - it will sound better and it will have better isolation.
    Sound wise, bass will extend lower and the highs will go higher :)

The only possible benefit of the 439 is that it has a detachable cable.