Sennheiser HD25 vs PXC 350

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by Vetal, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Vetal

Vetal New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    I was choosing a pair of full size headphones and stopped on those two. I've watched a few reviews on both of them. In HD 25 I like the idea of possibility to change parts of the headphones in case something goes broken. I'd like to know if it is a difference in sound quality between those. Thanks
  2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Sennheiser HD25 v PXC350

These HD25 is a very different headphone to the PXC350, with the HD25 aimed at sound engineers (although it's also a great portable headphone for an MP3 player) and the PXC350 is a noise cancelling headphone aimed at people travelling.

The PXC350 is also MUCH larger than the HD25. The HD25 would be fine to use while walking about or on public transport, but the PXC350 would be a bit bulky for most people. Also the sound with the HD25 is a little more accurate and linear than the PXC350, which is more warm and pleasing on the ear.

Some questions. What environment would you be using the headphones in? How portable do they need to be? Do you think you need the noise cancelling feature?