Sennheiser Headphone Extension lead

Discussion in 'Cables, Power & Accessories' started by tesla, Jan 17, 2011.

1. tesla

tesla New Member

hello,
    I am after a headphone extension lead to use with my Sennheiser HD280 phones. The plug has a screw thread above the male jack part, so I am after a lead that has a female socket that accommodates a screw design.
    Cheap extension leads always go on & off when you twiddle the plugs so hopefully the screw type will not [live in hope]
    Cant seem to find the screw type of lead on Sennheiser's own site though, nor elsewhere, so any good quality alternatives anyone.

Thanks in advance
    Phil

2. kelvinmunson

kelvinmunson New Member

Are you looking for a lead with a 3.5mm threaded female ? These don't seem to be so common.

Why not leave the 1/4" adapter attached to your phones and use a lead with a 1/4" female socket. These sockets normally attach quite positively and are a lot more robust; then, if that's what you need, you can easily find a 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter to go into you music system.

3. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Sennheiser extension cable

Yes, I agree with Kelvin. The larger 6.35mm jack connectors are more secure than 3.5mm.

Saying that it does sound like extension cables you've used previously do not sound particularly secure. For example I use one of these headphone extension cables at home with a TV and have no problems with the connection disconnecting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2011
  4. Saria

Saria New Member

I own a pair of HD280's and I got sick and tired of the coiled cable constantly catching on my clothes and stuff. Also, it was way too long for me and I wanted some more usability.

I pulled out the old plug (with the weird connector like you are describing) and ordered a 2.5mm to 3.5mm plug off eBay with the smallest amount of plastic around the male end, so it would fit into the headphone connection. I keep it permanently attached (as you can see in the pictures) to the headphones so I can interchange my long/short/straight/coiled cables to my liking. Works super well :]

Hope this helps!

Attached Files:

5. Tomb

Tomb New Member

agreed with kelvin