Sennheiser IE7

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by c00kiemon5ter, Aug 27, 2010.

1. c00kiemon5ter

c00kiemon5ter New Member

Finally got round to joining after reading/lurking for quite some time :)
    Having bought a fair few over the ear headphones over the years I am desperately trying to find quality warm/bass sound IEMs.... So ....

I bought a pair of Sennheiser IE7 from ebay and arrived today. Box turned up with missing parts ( no case or cleaning tool ). Then tried them and I know they need burning in but compared to my Sennheiser CX550's ( which also needed burning in when I got them last year ) the IE7's sound completely flat and with zero bass. Some have mentioned that they do not fit well in the ear and so bass is worse etc as a consequence...

But after reading some great reviews of IE7's and how even out of the box the sound is quite bass heavy ( great forum here btw ! ) I am at a loss as to why my ones sound awful.

Anyways luckily at home I can still enjoy my Grado SR80s until I find the right IEMs.

I am ideally looking for quite bass heavy warm sounding IEM's. Any recommendations ?
    Appreciated any help !

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  2. c00kiemon5ter

c00kiemon5ter New Member

Going to get something else from hifiheadphones

I think after the last debacle of buying IE7's from ebay I am going to invest in something better from hifiheadphones instead.

Tricky thing is whether to go for:

Audeo PFE 112 Perfect Fit Earphones in Black (PFE-112)

or

WESTONE UM2

or

SENNHEISER IE8

Am getting some IE8's for me other half so might just try them first then decide :)

3. geoffbrecker

geoffbrecker New Member

Yeah this is just a simple matter of trying them out.

Let us know which way you went.