Sennheiser IE80 alternatives

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by pmk24, Feb 21, 2013.

1. pmk24

pmk24 New Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Hi folks,

Currently I own a pair of Sennheiser IE80 earphones and some comply medium foam tips, I love their sound, its amazing and ticks all the boxes with their apparently unique sound signature.

However, I find them really uncomfortable to wear to the point of ear fatigue after 15 mins of use and the only way to stop this is by having the cable slider thing right up into my neck and after 5 mins it slides back down again :( I have tried different size and styled tips but nothing seems to work so I have come to the conclusion that over the ear cables are not for me.

So what alternatives are there? my budget is near the £200 mark but can go a little higher if needed and my musical tastes varies but if Drumming song by Florence and the machine and Nothing else matters by Metallica and finally if vocal trance sounds clear with bass that does not drown out the sound then im interested :)

Cheers folks
  2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Charleston South Carolina
    So the clothing clip doesn't hold the cable in place properly?
  3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Is it the cable or the tips? Have you tried Comply tips? These are very different to the Sennheiser foam tips - correct size for the IE80 is T-500, when picking S,M or L go for the size you find most comfortable in the silicones. Have you tried using the ear guides too?