Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear v Beats v Bose

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Bobbby, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Bobbby

Bobbby New Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'm looking at the Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear headphones and have been comparing with the Beats earphones and the Bose SoundTrue.

Does anyone have experience with these and any help with choosing?
  2. henders

henders New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    I don't have any experience with the Bose earphones, but I do with Beats and Sennheiser Momentum.

I would avoid any of the Beats earphones as they're not particularly well made and the sound is heavily weighted towards bass to the point of distortion (not good!).

The Sennheiser Momentum In Ear is again not that well built (the earphone feels very plasticy), but sounds OK. Reading around is seems quite a lot of people have fit problems with the Momentum. I find it doesn't sit particularly well in the ear.

Another option is the SoundMAGIC E80C, which seems like it is just about to be launched. I own the E80 and it's a cracker! The cabling is very strong and all the major components are aluminum. The jack plug looks like it will handle any abuse. Sound quality is quite incredible for the money. I've owned much more expensive earphones (Shure SE535, Phonak PFE 232, etc) and the E80 is up there with the best of them.
  3. TonyW

TonyW Administrator Staff Member

Dec 10, 2014
    The issue we find customers have with the Momentum In Ear is that the earbuds have a tendency to split when used or fall off when they are not in use. added to this the design and weight of the Sennheisers means that they can fall out of your ears if you are not getting a firm fit.

We recomend that you use a replacement foam tip, like the Comply Foam T-150, which is designed for the Momentums, and will grip better in your ear.

The SoundMAGIC E80C design eliminates this problem, plus they come supplied with both silicone and Comply Foam eartips. And as mentioned, the sound quality you get for the price is amazing.