Sennheiser PXC450 Fault?

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by jmill, Aug 26, 2011.

1. jmill

jmill New Member

Hi Guys,

Brand new to the site so hello....

took the plunge and paid more than my cheapo replacement iphone headphones :)

I am a little disappointed by the noise cancellation of them however... When the music is not playing the noise cancellation isn't really noticeable which is noticeable with the Bose QC 15 that I tried.

I am a little worried that they might be broke or fakes.... everything else seems ok

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

I have not heard someone say this before - there should be a remarkable difference particularly between noise cancelling on and the push to talk button being activated. If you got them from a reputable dealer there is little chance they are fake and a higher chance they are broken. If they are an ebay purchase from a Chinese reseller and were pretty cheap they really could be fakes.

These are expensive headphones, most legitimate retailers will make less than 30% on these - if the price is 30% less than RRP or more then you should smell a rat - how can someone sell a product and make a profit for less than the item actually costs a retailer to buy? You can apply that to most products, you will be very surprised how many fake goods are available.