Sennheiser wireless over head- iplayer

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Epe, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Epe

Epe New Member

Hi,

I have used them for watching TV for years and I could not do without them. It is connected via a scart. We just got a Smart TV. For TV, DVD they are fine but when we play iPlayer, or use HDMI (from computer to TV screen) there is no sound coming from the headphones. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Is it the headphones which are connected via SCART? Could you explain a little more about this setup? Does sound come from the TV speakers when using HDMI input? Are there other connections on the TV?

3. Epe

Epe New Member

Yes, the headphones are linked to the TV set via a scart.

4. Epe

Epe New Member

Yes, sound comes from TV speakers when using HDMI.
    Other connections are the DVD player and the Wii.

5. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Epe

So you want to get sound to the speakers and the headphones (via a SCART socket adaptor at the same time but when the TV is digitally processing sound (from a HDMI connection) there is no sound to the Scart socket? Is that right?

If so there may be no way of resolving this with the current gear. The first thing to try is the sound settings in the TV - there may be some throughput here as you would assume you could have sound going to the SCATR socket in case you want to send this to a recording device. If that works then great, if not...

What other connections/outputs are free? Is there a digital Optical output? I take it that the TVs headphone output cuts power to the speakers - some TV's can do both outputs at the same time (this is rare), this is a setting in sound settings. If there is a free Optical output you could test this to see if you can run the TV speakers at the same time as a digital output, if you can you can buty a simple device to get better headphone sound which would work with anything plugged in.