Sennhiser Cx95 again or Sony MDR-EX500lp??

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by javsay, Apr 4, 2010.

1. javsay

javsay New Member

Hi guys,

I have a Cowon S9 16GB and have had it for ages and still love it. Problem is that my Sennheiser CX95 have broken - they were amazing iem's but now I'm not sure where to go. I don't personally like buying the same thing twice, I like to use the opportunity to try something diffrent. The problem is however that for the price range the CX95's are still regarded as some of the best IEM's.

I am considering buing the Sony MDR-EX500lp as my first set of iem's sony mdr-ex71s were absolutely amazing for there range, obviously nowhere close to cx95's buit still.

As for my price range anything upto £70 and open to suggestion.
    I like crisp treble, strong and punchy but not boomy/muddy bass. Being able to clearly distinguish sounds so i guess a large sound stage. I'm not an audiophile so that's about it i guess. I listen to all kinds of music: rock, inde, hip-hop, rap, pop etc

Any suggestons folks??

cheers and much appreciated. :)

2. Saiyajin

Saiyajin New Member

I can recommend the SoundMAGIC PL-50. Good forward treble and good punchy bass, that's just is what you looking for. On clarity and soundstage I think you will reach a very decent upgrade here but keep in mind I never heard the CX95 though, also I have no idea about the EX500.
    Against my old EX71s in a quick comparison, the Sonys perhaps go slighly deeper in lows, that's the only thing I see, still they pretty same when it comes by quantity.
    They go off for £45 here. For your budget you could also spend the rest for a pack of Comply foams for it and also reach a super comfortable iem.

3. javsay

javsay New Member

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yeh, I used to have a pair of ex71 before the cx95 and the cx95 was def. a huge upgrade and the sonys seemed to go lower. So seems like those iems are pretty similar to cx95s whhich is good as I want diff iems but atleast the same or better than cx95 SQ now that they're broken :(. I'll read up on those iems and see, also heard a lot about those comfy thingied though they do seem a tad dear on the wallet for earbuds. Anyway thanks again and I'm open to more advice...