Seven headphone video review

Discussion in 'Headphone Reviews' started by dalethorn, Feb 24, 2013.

1. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I like to recap analyses of multiple items from previous reviews every so often, so here's what I added today:
    Sennheiser IE800 and Momentum; ATH ESW11Ltd; V-Moda M100; SoundMagic HP200; Beyer DT770LE; Phiaton MS400.

Seven Stereo Headphones Review by Dale - YouTube

Edit: The IE800 and Soundmagic HP200 came from HifiHeadphones U.K.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

I'm very sad to hear of the demise of your STAX, RIP:(

I'm glad you like the IE800 though, I was very impressed - they do sound like vastly improved IE80.

3. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I'm pretty much a beginner with IEM's unfortunately, and since it's difficult to get a good seal with most of them, I was fortunate to acquire the IE800 with those oval tips that work better for me. But based on the experiences I have had with 7 or 8 IEM's and some of the better full-size headphones, I get the impression that Sennheiser has done something really different with the IE800. It doesn't have the huge sense of space that the HD800 creates with its ultra-large earcups, but it goes that one better in my view with a depth and realism to the recordings that I haven't heard with regular headphones.

And then there's the bass. You know how so many people are looking for a better, stronger bass that blends with the midrange and doesn't interfere with the mids in any way? I don't know if any headphones really pull that off 100 percent, but the IE800 seems to.

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

I think in the past Some Sennheiser products might have suffered a little from them trying to keep a house sound across all their models. They seem a little more relaxed about just getting the best sound out of each item now. I was very impressed with the IE800, size, comfort, cabling, carry case all well thought out.