Shure SE315 Custom Ear Molds or Shure 840

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by jackyboy, Oct 12, 2011.

1. jackyboy

jackyboy New Member

Hi, I have been searching for comparisons and reviews of headphones to get when I get my new iPhone released this friday!

I used to have some Shure E2cs, I liked them so much I bought 2 pairs when the first pair broke! But I wanted to move up in the world slightly and get something a bit nicer. It doesn't have to be Shures but I am quite partial to them now I have used some.

I like listening to a varied amount of music but do appreciate my bass. I like listening to some Dubstep, Kings of Leon, Atreyu, as well as a lot of indie stuff, Passion Pit, Daft Punk all the way upto some Jazz. But if it doesn't have bass were it should do then I would be disappointed in the headphones.

I was looking at getting the Shure SE315 as I heard they have dual drivers for better bass, plus I was thinking of getting some custom ear moulds as these would last me a while and hopefully improve the sound. Then I had a look to see if I could get some headphones for the sub £200 range as that is what I would be looking at spending. I saw on here that the 840s get quite a high review.

I would use these also in the gym/running potentially a lot too so don't want anything falling off my head/out of my ears. Or that could be easily damaged by sweat.

Does anyone have any comments on these 'phones, or anyone have any other suggestions they could throw in. Thanks for you time to read my essay!