Six Headphone Video Review

Discussion in 'Headphone Reviews' started by dalethorn, Jan 22, 2012.

1. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Six Headphones Review - YouTube

This is a very informal look at some of my current headphones. The main idea I had here is not a focus on any specific headphone for its particular features or sound, but rather a look at some of the variety that's available and pointers about cable configurations, open -vs- closed, etc.

I intend to reshoot this someday soon with newer products, and better more detailed information.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Nice video Dale - You have a voice that would suit documentary narration:)

I'm sure people will find this really helpful, you should do more!

3. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Video reviews

Thanks - just experimenting so far. The next few reviews should be just single headphone reviews. What I want to do is keep the focus on the gear and not the presenter, and lacking really good lighting and a makeup person, those factors complement each other.

My aim at this point is to go over each physical feature and compare it to the common options in the business - headband type, clamping, and comfort issues, cord type (single sided or 'Y'), cord thickness and length and how that affects comfort(!), plug type (1/4 or mini, or in one case none at all) and orientation (straight, angled, or 90 degrees), earpad type and comfort issues, open or closed design, driver types (angled or not, single or multi), included accessories, and overall sensitivity or efficiency.

The sound of course is the main part of the story, but also the hardest to describe. I don't see any reason to make negative reviews since there are plenty of those already, so I take the positive approach, and if I can't be positive about a headphone I won't bother with it. Having a variety of major brands on the hi-fi now, it should be easy to identify the general signature, then with extended listening get a feel for the strengths and weaknesses.

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

I Like your methodical approach to this. I suppose you also have the tech spec and different options in each model - there are so many facets to making an informed decision. I believe you can produce something well rounded and informative with plenty of positivity - I look forward to the next one:D