Sleeves For Senn:IE7's

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by BobbyZee, Jun 17, 2011.

1. BobbyZee

BobbyZee New Member

I recently had to replace my q-jays owing to a wiring problem and eventually decided on
    the IE7's as a replacement. I purchased them on Amazon and having seen pics of fakes, I'm
    quite sure mine are genuine, anyhow, they certainly sound great and are most certainly an
    improvement on the q-jays!
    Having said that, I've found the best and most comfortable sleeves supplied, are the large
    dbl. flange ones but I'm not entirely happy with them. I would prefer something that enters
    the ear canal slightly further, perhaps a long tip foam or triple flange, is there anything that
    would fit the bill? I thought I saw somewhere that UE 5 sleeves will fit IE7's at a push.
    Would appreciate any advice and thanks in advance.

BobbyZee

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi BobbyZee

You should get some of these -

Comply Tips

These are the right size for your IE7's. I use these with IEM's as I have such a hard time with silicone tips.:)

3. BobbyZee

BobbyZee New Member

Hi RobinHiFi,

Many thanks for your advice. Actually, I'd given up hope of ever getting a reply so I
    went ahead to find some suitable sleeves for the IE7's.

I had thought of comply tips but I sent off for the Ultimate Ears Pro5 triple flange tips
    which were a vast improvement on the supplied Sennheiser tips. I then saw something
    online about "pure sound" sleeves from sensorcom.com, which proved to be even better!

Now, the IE7's stay on my ears using the supplied ear-hooks and because these sleeves
    enter the ear canal that bit further owing to their bended shape, I would recommend
    these sleeves to anyone experiencing the same problems that I had with IE7's, or indeed
    any make with largish 5mm diameter nozzles.

Many thanks Robin, BobbyZee