Sony TMR-RF860R not transmitting to headphones?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by c0sie, Aug 3, 2012.

1. c0sie

c0sie New Member

Hey all,

First post and hopefully someone will be able to help me out? I have used the search facility here but couldnt find any posts relating to the model of headphones I have.

I have a set of Sony wireless MDR-RF860R headphones that charge off of a TMR-RF860R transmittor.

Whilst charging (etc) the status LED is supposed to be solid red, which it is, however once they are taken off charge the status LED is supposed to be a solid green to show it is transmitting?

Does anyone know why my status LED will not go to green?

For the record I bought these from auction, fully aware that they had an issue with charging (according to the auction). The charging is fine, its the lack of transmitting that is the problem.

Hope tohear from someone soon :)

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Are you putting sound through them? Most wireless headphones will stop transmitting (to save battery life) if there is no audio.

Hope that helps.

3. c0sie

c0sie New Member

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your reply :)

I am putting sound through them but to no avail. I am led to believe from the instructions that if the unit is neither charging or transmitting that the transmittor should then power down with the LED light going out?

Unfiortunately my LED is just staying on a permanent red even though the headphones are not on charge and are nowhere near the transmittor :(

Thanks for the help though :)

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi c0sie

I'm out of ideas then, sorry we didn't sort this:(

5. c0sie

c0sie New Member

No worries Robin, thanks for trying to help nevertheless :)