Sound Magic E10 or MP21?

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by badgerman, Aug 10, 2011.

1. badgerman

badgerman New Member

Hi , I listen to dance and podcasts, but love heavy bass. Been through Senn 300/400II/500 and recently Scorsch m600. Really liked sound of all, but hated the lack of durability. All broke in less than a year. I listen through iphone4, hence liking the remote/mic. I like silicon tips and hate the comply ones.

I tried PFE 012 and hated them, both fit and sound. Guess am not a refined audophile, but basshead (my wife says am tone deaf!)

Is the E10 much better sound and quality than MP21 for my needs (bass, comfort and durabilty)? I would pay more and lose iphone control if a lot better in all departments, but if similar will go for cheaper with more functions.

Anything else I should consider, willing to pay a little more for durabilty, bass and mic/remote as needed.

thanks

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

SoundMAGIC E10 v MP21

The E10 has quite a different sound the MP21. The E10 has lots of bass and a more musical midrange/treble than the MP21. The MP21 has quite a neutral sound signature in comparison to the E10.

The E10's a really incredible sounding earphone for the money.

The MP21 has smaller nozzles and they are set at an angle, which makes them particularly comfortable. The E10 has a larger nozzle and it therefore not quite so comfortable. Comply Foam tips will solve any comfort problems completely.

3. Eary1

Eary1 New Member

Mp21 soundmagic earphones (with mic)

I HAVE SPENT HOURS AND HOURS TRYING TO FIND OUT ON THE NET IF THE MP21 SOUNDMAGIC EARPHONES WILL WORK WITH THE SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE GT S5830i. THE SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE HAS A 3 CONNECTOR PLUS EARTH/SCREEN JACK PLUG 3.5 SIZE. BUT AS WE ALL KNOW THE IMPEDANCE OF EARPHONES AND THE WIRING OF THEM CAN BE VERY DIFFERENT. FOR EXAMPLE, SONY EARPHONES WILL NOT WORK WITH SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE GT S5830i. ETC ETC. I STILL HAVE NOT GOT THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION.. THE ANSWER IS EITHER YES OR NO. SIMPLE. IF NO, CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND GOOD BASS QUALITY EARPHONES THAT WILL WORK WITH THE SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE GT S5830i? NEEDLESS TO SAY THAT SAMSUNG WERE NOT HELPFUL AND NEITHER WAS SOUNDMAGIC IN CHINA. A BIT OF CUSTOMER FOCUS NEEDED BY BOTH IN MY OPINION. ANYONE GOT THE YES OR NO ANSWER? THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A NEW POST BUT THERE'S NOWHERE TO PLACE NEW POSTS IT SEEMS.

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

You can start a new thread by going into one of the topic areas forums and scrolling to the bottom. Earphone manufacturers never publish compatibility because there are too many models of phones in the world - Normally there are between 400-500 current models sold in the UK. At one point in the early 2000s Nokia had seven (yes seven!!!) different socket designs! including 2.5mm, reversed poles 3.5mm, a totally proprietary one based on their car kit holder and a doubled 2.5mm and 3.5mm, crazy stuff. The easiest way to tell if the standard 3.5mm 4 pole mic design (as with SoundMAGIC E10m) fits is to borrow an Apple Earpod or Earbud and test the mic and middle MFB (Multi Function Button), the volume up and down will definitely not work as this is an Apple only feature. If the earphones, mic and MFB work then your phone has the standard wiring pattern :)

Last edited: May 17, 2013