Sound Magic E10 vs urbeats

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by az5588, May 3, 2012.

1. az5588

az5588 New Member

I'm looking to buy the Sound Magic E10's but would like to get an idea of how they sound and the only good quality headphones I have listened to are the urbeats included with a HTC phone.
    Do the E10's sound anything like the urbeats?

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi az5588

I'm going to have to throw this one over to the forum as a whole - I have not heard the URBeats but I think they are almost the same (soundwise) as the iBeats. Opinion in general seems to be that they are great as a free headphone but are not worth the price as a lone item. This mirrors the most common thoughts on the DR DRE Beats range, that they are too expensive for the quality and normally there is something of better or equal quality for around a half to two thirds of the price. This guy seems to have an opinion which sums up a critical view.

The E10 is amazing value for money, it is possible that the £80rrp UR Beats are a little better, I think price is the best guide - If you can get the Beats cheap let us know what you think:)

3. az5588

az5588 New Member

Thanks for your reply, I do believe that the Urbeats and iBeats are the same. I think I'll be looking to buy the E10's from all of the positive reviews. I just wanted some kind of comparison as the last pair of headphones I bought were the Apple in-ear headphones @ £65 but preferred the sound from my Skull candy Dubs @ £10.

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Have a look at our IEMs top 10, read reviews from Head-fi.org -Don't go for something that looks cool but something that sounds great. I feel bad having to say negative things about the Beats a lot but nothing that I have tried from Monster/Beats justifies its price tag and I do not think they are commited to making the best audio products they can - it seems like they are just about the marketing. There are a lot of much more dedicated manufacturers who are really proud of their products.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012