SoundMAGIC E10 faulty

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by tadjer, Mar 26, 2013.

1. tadjer

tadjer New Member

I bought my SoundMAGIC E10s last summer and they have been amazing so far. However, I just discovered a problem - I found them in my bag with the earphone body broken into two pieces. Has anyone else had problems with SoundMAGIC reliability? I really didn't expect them to break so soon.

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

SoundMAGIC E10 broken

Sorry to hear that your E10s have developed a fault. If you bought them from an authorised retailer then they will still be covered under warranty.

All SoundMAGIC products are covered by at least a one year guarantee, so assuming you have purchased from a legitimate retailer you will be able to get them swapped out for a replacement under guarantee

3. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

SoundMAGIC E10 and E30 improvements

You will also be pleased to know that SoundMAGIC have been making a number of improvements to their designs aimed specifically at increasing reliability. Below are the changes we know about:

Upgraded cabling - the E10 and E30 are both now fitted with extra strong twisted pair cabling. This cabling is stronger, holds the colour better as the earphones age and uses better quality copper for a better signal path. This cable is also less prone to tangling.

Stronger earphone body - the E10 is now manufactured using a process that bonds the two halves of the earphone body together better. They used to be glued together, but are now manufactured in a way that means they are much harder to separate (they are forced together by machines that cause the two halves to snap into place). It's now nearly impossible to separate the earphone body without smashing the body.

SoundMAGIC appear to be trying to make these earphones indestructible.

See a close up photo of the new cable design below:

[​IMG]