Soundmagic e10M cable

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by sjparker, Feb 19, 2013.

1. sjparker

sjparker New Member

Feb 19, 2013

I bought some SoundMagic E10s early last year and they are fantastic, by far the best in ear headphones I've owned. I then bought some for partners birthday tail end of last year and I noticed that the cable is now different. It has a sort of braided look and appears much stronger and better build quality of that on mine.

So I guess there has been a revision? The only reason I ask this is because I'm interested in buying a pair of the E10M (Mic) version to use with both my iPhone 5 and Blackberry 9900. Can anyone tell me if this has the revised cable? I'm really hoping it does as I'm traveling with these phones a lot and the newer cable looks as though it can't stand a lot more abuse than the previous :)

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Hi sjparker

The cable on the SoundMAGIC E10 was revised at the end of last year. The new twisted cable is really nice and does seem tougher than the old version. We asked SoundMAGIC this question when we saw the new twisted/braided cable, unfortunately it seems that they cannot apply the same cable to the iDevice compatible E10M so it still retains the older cable. Sorry, that probably wasn't what you wanted to hear though.
  3. batesy1q

batesy1q New Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Any update on whether soundmagic will be releasing the new cable with the e10M or not? Think its abit stupid that they havent so far. My current E10m have now twice the right bud broke with what seems to be a problem with the bottom of the jack. I am now out of warranty and I can not really find any other under £50 headphones with a iphone control that I'd like. I have been offered abit of discount as the problem has occured twice and was going to go for the updated e10m with the new cable hoping the problem would not occur but am currently unsure as only the e10 have been updated. Considering choosing a pair without a inline control however Im sure I would miss it if i do.
  4. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Aug 30, 2008
    No news yet I'm afraid. It seems SoundMAGIC have problems fitting the new braided cable design into the enclosure for the 3 button remote.

The new braided cable design is that good that I would recommend going with the standard E10.