Soundmagic e10M & Galaxy S2

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by detster, Aug 8, 2012.

1. detster

detster New Member

Does anyone know whether the soundmagic e10m's buttons work correctly with the samsung galaxy s2?

thanks in advance.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi detster,

No, unfortunately they will not. The E10m is actually an iDevice Apple compliant product with the Apple hardware chip for iPhones. There will be a Samsung version available (hopefully) by the end of the Summer as well as a HTC version!:)

3. Letoo

Letoo New Member

Hey Robin,

I was looking for information about the compatibility of SM's headphones with the regular TRRS Jack pins layout and stumbled across this post.

I am soon to buy new headphones pair as my old SM PL21 are slowly dying, but I'd really love to have the ability to use it as a headset too. E10M seems great, but because apple's "innovation" which was switching MIC pin with GROUND pin I can't use it with my current phone. (Gotta love Apple...) I was going to buy it anyway using an adapter switching the pins back (Fiio LU1/LU2 or MEE's adapter) which should get the mic working, but if there's a release of android devices compatible E10s planned then I am willing to wait.

Where did you hear that? Is it confirmed?

4. RobinHiFi

Sometimes we get early samples (we are always happy to have a play with anything new) and we have had a HTC and a Samsung version of the E10m coming. Both apparently worked very well but I have an iPhone so I didn't really get a look in. Mid-October is the estimate on these models arriving at the moment. Hope that helps:)

5. Letoo

Letoo New Member

Yes it does :) Thanks a lot for the information!

I shall wait for the samsung version then as it should be compatible with my phone (not a samsung), as far as I can tell HTC devices use the same PIN layout as Apple so that wouldn't work.

6. pellgarlic

pellgarlic New Member

Hi, is there any news about the non-iPhone versions of the E10M yet? I was all ready to buy a set for my Samsung Galaxy S2, and just happened across this page when looking for the product page. (All I can see available are the "with Apple mic" versions...)

Alternatively, does anyone know if using one of the aforementioned "adapter cables" would permit full functionality of the Apple-E10M on a Samsung Galaxy S2? (e.g. This one:

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/fii...h-angled-jack-connector-35mm-prodid-4238.html)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  7. pellgarlic

pellgarlic New Member

hmm... that's weird - i posted a reply here earlier, but now it seems to have disappeared... =|

anyway what i said was along the lines of:

Hi, is there any news about the non-iDevice (Samsung Galaxy S2-compatible) version of the SoundMagic E10M headsets becoming available?

Or alternatively, can anyone confirm whether or not the use of the "Fiio LU1/LU2" adapter cable will allow full functionality of the Apple version with a non-iDevice?

8. Hu1ch

Hu1ch New Member

Glad to see the E10M should be on its way! Hopefully these are compatible with android handsets accross the board and not limited to specific devices/manufacturers.

Robin - any ideas on price when it's released?

Cheers

9. RobinHiFi

Hi pellgarlic

Unfortunately no cable (that I know of) can give you full iPhone functionality with iDevice ready headphones on any of the variants of the Galaxy. This is because the volume control buttons send a signal to the iPhone so this is actually an Apple only protocol. The MFB (Multi Function Button) in the middle will work with some phones, or if they have the poles in the jack socket in a different order it will work with a connector cable which swaps the poles like the Fiio ones.

Hi Hutch

This year there are supposed to be E10A (Andriod) and E10S (Samsung) - I have still only seen an early andriod one which only had an MFB so I don't know if any other functionality will be added (volume control) but my guess would be no - I think the point is supposed to be that you wouldn't need a cable to swap the poles around thereby lengthening your total cable length. I will try to get an update on this as these are all good questions that deserve an answer.

10. djy007

djy007 New Member

E10a

Hi Robin, I too am interested in the UK release date of the E10A being an avoider of Apple and an avid Android fan.

11. RobinHiFi

I am now waiting for an answer to this - I will try to post it back into this thread but I will also make it more public as quite a few people seem interested in an answer.