SoundMagic E30 or dB Logic EH-100

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by ceemuk, Feb 7, 2012.

1. ceemuk

ceemuk New Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Can't make up my mind which to go for.

Spec wise the SoundMagic appear to be better, though the dB Logic have this sound pressure limiting feature.

My main requirement is security and comfort; they stay in the ear even when walking some distance; over ear cables seem to be better for this.

Would be grateful if owners of these could share their opinions on these earphones.

In short, my budget is £40, over the ear cable, secure and comfy, decent sound quality.

I'm aware the dB Logic are £10 cheaper aswell but SoundMagic are still on budget.

The only other ones I seriously considered is RHA MA-350, but no over ear cabling and braiding which affects Microphonics apparantly.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Hi Ceemuk

These are both really nice for the money. dB Logic EP100 does come with some double flanged tips which some people swear by. I think the E30 sound a little better but both are very decent sounding with a neutral feel and a warm but not huge bottom end. EP100 are a little lighter but there is only a couple of grams in it. Tough choice but either would work out well:)
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012