Soundmagic e30

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by goalhanger, Jun 3, 2015.

1. goalhanger

goalhanger New Member

Hi ,

Just received my new Soundmagic E30s yesterday and Im having trouble firstly with the silicon buds .I can’t find one in the set that sits properly in my ear. Im used to cheaper foam ones and I wonder if I should try getting some good quality foam ones ?
    Secondly I find the sound very thin . Is this due to listening through my phone ? If I push them in slightly the sound improves immensely but if I let go they just loosen asain . I do wear head phones sometimes so I am used to them but they are over ear Grado SR80i .

Is this my mistake of just reading reviews and not trying out - not so easy with earphones !

Thanks,
    Phil

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

The only thing I can suggest is get some Comply tips. Once seated properly, the sound won't be thin.

3. goalhanger

goalhanger New Member

Hi thanks . I have found the large flatter ones supplied with the E30s to fit best . Any idea how that correlates to the TS400 sizes ? I may need to buy a mixed set to try out if no one knows .
    Main thing is to lose the thin sound which I presume is because they aren't sitting properly .
    Thanks for your help
    Phil

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Outside of custom IEMs, experimentation seems to always be necessary. I have found some round tips that work good for me, but when I got a Senn IE800 with oval tips, those worked even better. So if you could get extras that also include some oval eartips, that might improve your odds.

5. goalhanger

goalhanger New Member

I think I need to decide on one type , probably comfort and get a mixed set .
    Phil