SoundMAGIC Earphones

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Lucas, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Lucas

Lucas New Member

Hey!

Following the recent demise of my sennheiser earphones I have been looking for some new budget earphones (in the region of 30 beans!) for my ipod nano (5th generation).

I have been reading some very positive reviews of products by SoundMAGIC & would like to invest however I would like some clarity on whether there is a personal preference between the PL-30 & the PL-11 (can't decide which one to go for!)?

My music taste follows the genres of rock & indie with the occasional lashing of metal pending on the days requirements! The earphones aim to combat against humble work colleagues and the occasional trip to the gym.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated (I have my visa ready to go!!!).

Many thanks!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

SoundMAGIC Earphones - PL11 or PL30?

Hey Lucas!

The SoundMAGIC PL11 and PL30 are both really very good.

The PL11 is quite warm sounding and bass heavy. It suits music that has powerful basslines, e.g. drum & bass, RnB and a lot of contemporary music. This is a really enjoyable earphone to listen with.

The PL30 offers a more refined sound, although is definitely not lacking in bass (Comply Foam T-400 tips will ensure a perfect seal to get the best bass response and highest levels of sound isolation). The cabling goes over ear like most of the higher end IEM (In Ear Monitor) earphones. Over ear is definitely the most secure way of wearing earphones and works very well in the gym.

If you gave the two earphones to a group of people to try you would find that some would like the PL11 and others the PL30... as always choosing headphones is very subjective.