Soundmagic MP21 or E10?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by alias452, Apr 14, 2012.

1. alias452

alias452 New Member

I am looking for a new pair of headphones, preferably under £40.

The E10's seem to have great reviews, but I also really like the look of the MP21's. The MP21's have a mic for your iphone, and allow you to skip tracks which I love. They are also much cheaper at £25. The E10's are £35 but if I want the mic included, it goes up to £50.

Is there that much of a difference in sound quality? I don't really want to spend £50 at the moment, but it depends on how much of a difference there is between the two. I can't see a huge difference looking at the technical specs, but there seems to be a lot of hype about the sound quality of the E10's. Which ones should I buy?

ps. I currently have the Lady Gaga Heartbeats headphones, which are quite uncomfortable to wear, and before that I had the Ultimate Ears MetroFi 220.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi alias452

Both are really great earphones. The SoundMAGIC E10 are really amazing for the price and have a great contemporary, slightly bass heavy sound that works well for most types of music. At this price it is a stunning earphone with great looks and build quality. The MP21 is not quite as nice sounding but well above average at this price, it is however reviewed incredibly positively by users.

If you really want a mic and the E10M is out of your budget then the MP21 is a great choice - if the mic isn't necessary treat yourself to an E10 :)

3. alias452

alias452 New Member

Hey, thanks a lot for your advice. I ended up going for the MP21's, however when I next upgrade my headphones, I will be looking at their more expensive models. Right now I decided to go with the cheaper option.

I got a good deal on them, for £15.99 so I couldn't go wrong really. The fact that you can skip songs without taking your iPhone out of your pocket is also a big thing for me, especially when you are out and about.

Thanks again!