Soundmagic P30 or vJays or Sennheiser PX200

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by audioglider, Nov 2, 2011.

1. audioglider

audioglider New Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Hi There

Need an opinion before I purchase. Have heard that Soundmagic P30's are good but how do they compare to the vJays or PX200s. Was very happy with the vJays until the cable started giving me trouble with a channel cutting in and out.

Any help much appreciated.
  2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Aug 30, 2008
    SoundMAGIC P30 v Sennheiser PX200 v vJays

The PX200 and P30 have quite a few similarities, both in finish and sound. The bass response is a little deeper and better defined with the SoundMAGIC P30 in my opinion.

The vJays have quite a different sound. They are really quite bright and unrefined in my opinion. It's all a matter of taste though! ;)
  3. wnkk

wnkk New Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Soundmagic or V-Jays?

I agree with ShounG:

Get the Soundmagic P30!
    The bass diggs deep, without getting muddy (so no Dr Dré-effect!).
    Sufficient detail, without being too bright like some audio-Technica-stuff.
    I haven't heared the V-Jays, but if they're bright, skip them, it will make your ears tired too soon...
    The P30's have a coherent sound that makes you think of the best analog-sound you could get in the past. Oh yes, soundstage is pretty good too, especially for such a small and lightweight headphone. (When will Soundmagic make a slightly bigger, open design?)

It's build better than the PX100 and about as foldable. (When will Grado make a foldable igrado?)
    Not much to improve?
    Well, I would like the wire to be removeble, a little longer and more flexable.
    It's a little stiff. The design is not really fashionable, but the aluminum cups look much better than lets say the dull MEElectronics HT-21 or the AKG-450.
    The headband is only just big enough for my (big) head, so if you are a real giant, look elsewhere.
    Isolation is really good, but I wonder how warm the ears will get in summer...

So for those 60 Euro (at the official Spanish distributor), you really can't go wrong with these.