SoundMagic PL11 Ear Tips

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by maltloaf, Jun 13, 2011.

1. maltloaf

maltloaf New Member

Hi,

I had a pair of PL11's a while ago and loved them but lost them somewhere. I want to get another set but mine came with some foam tips as well as the normal silicone ones. I found the foam ones to be easily the best but can't see them mentioned on the product page. Are they still included ?

many thanks,

malty

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Maltloaf

I'm afraid these have now disappeared from the PL11 package. As a little secret, which I am sure I can trust you with, SoundMAGIC have some new earphones coming soon - I'm not sure if these have the foam tips but there is a new model which is like an upgraded PL11. Might be worth waiting for?

These foam tips could be substituted -

Comply Foam Ear Tips T-400 Black Medium (5-pairs)
    £19.99

Better quality although a little more expensive.:)

3. maltloaf

maltloaf New Member

gutted.. Buying those pads makes the pl11 a bit too expensive imho.

Are there any earphones in the same price range (up to £40) that have a similar bass response and do come with foam pads ? I don't get on with silicone ones very well. I liked the pl11 as they could just be chucked in a bag without fear of damage because of the price, and the bass response was just immense.

By the way, I've also got a set of shure e2c's and use foam pads on them. Do you carry spare pads for those ?

4. RobinHiFi

5. maltloaf

maltloaf New Member

I saw those but it specifically lists that they are NOT compatible with e2c ?

6. RobinHiFi

Sorry about that - I thought the nozzle was the same but it cannot be. I'm afraid we cannot get e2c specific accessories any more:(