Street-Style Headphones?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by graduation day, Jul 26, 2011.

1. graduation day

graduation day New Member

Hi all,

I recently ordered the WeSC Bongo headphones but was deeply disappointed with the sound profile. It was incredibly flat and lacking in the bass dept. Honestly, I can't believe anyone would want to listen to their music like this. Maybe there was something wrong with them, I dunno.

Anyway, now I'm looking for another pair of headphones, here is my wish list:

Closed back/Cups large enough to hold the ear (larger than WeSC Bongo anyway)
    Sound profile which adds a little to digital, compact music - extra bass f.x.
    Cable wrapped in fabric
    Street/retro style (least important, but would be nice)

No need for mic/volume control/etc. - but it's okay if it's there.

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Street style headphones

Yep, the WeSC range is definitely more about fashion than sound, but they actually sound quite a bit better than some other brands of street style headphone!!!

If you want to stay with the street style look then the Eskuche headphones range is worth checking out. They have a more exciting sound than the WeSCs.

If you don't mind going for something a little more serious looking then take a look at the following:

Pioneer SE-MJ31 and SE-MJ-51 - both have excellent sound for the money, with plenty of bass power and treble sparkle. Really very nice sounding headphones.

Audio-Technica ATH-ES55 - these also sound incredible, but have a nicer finish (in my opinion) than the Pioneer models.

Alternatively, have a browse of our street style headphones category and ask if you would like to know about any particular model.