suggestions please

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by miltk, Aug 7, 2011.

1. miltk

miltk New Member

i'm looking for a pair of over-the-head in ear headphones. generally they are for sports wear, like the sony here. i've been using sonys for a long time but i've gone through about 7 pairs in almost as many years because inevitably, one side loses it's connection. i think it's sony's planned obsolescence.

so i'd like a pair that lasts....any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. Cyclops

Cyclops New Member

Unlucky but other options

I've done a search and it seems this over head in ear style has gone. There are other options...
    1. You could try sports headphones that hook around the ear for a secure fit such as the Sennheiser OMX680.

2. You could also try neckband headphones such as the Sennheiser PMX680.

Or you could buy a normal but small and light pair of headphones such as the Frends The Classic. I reccomend open back for sport so you can hear you surroundings.

3. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I've bought many small Sony items over the years, and it's not planned obsolescence. It's simply poor quality. I even bought one of their laptop Vaio computers in Southern California, a hotbed of laptop sales and service if I ever heard of it. Yet, when the computer failed after a couple months Sony required me to *mail* it in to Florida (Florida!!) for service. After a month they mailed it back, with the wrong O/S installed (Windows 2000 instead of Windows 98, a big no-no), and it quit working again a month later, at which point I trashed it never to buy Sony again. Oddly enough, the Sony music division has bought up the rights to many old U.S. recordings and issued very nice clean copies of these on CD. But they apparently have a very bad philosophy regarding hardware and service, and their customers/victims don't seem to care.

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Beats by Dre are a fashion item, not a serious music listening device.