The best In Ear for £100 - dangle type

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by bigchatsportfun, Jan 16, 2013.

1. bigchatsportfun

bigchatsportfun New Member

Jan 16, 2013
    I am looking for the best in-ear headphones for 100 quid but as I wear glasses I do not get on with the wire-up and around designs. I will use them at the gymn (no running) and at work and listen to audiophile type electronic (mainly) music. I don't need/want volume control, wireless, or mic support. I usually wear my iphone on a belt clip and clip the cable to my t-shirt (when I'm at the gymn).

Out of the following which would you recommend ?
    Etymotic hf5
    TFTA-2100-3V2B Extra Bass
    ClarityOne In-Ear Isolating Earphones (do I have to have the mic ?)
    Grado iGi

All opinions welcome
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Hi bigchatsportfun

With this criteria we would suggest the Clarityone, they only come with the mic now. As a plus the button will pause and play most phones and some MP3 players though. Make sure you burn these in - despite there being a lot of debate over whether this is a real phenomenon these headphones are very bright out of the box but relax to a warm bass heavy sound with nice detail and very little distortion - also easy on your battery life.

ClarityOne In-Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone in Silver

I would also suggest reading through our best in-ear headphones buyers guide where we review our selection of the best portable headphones. The ClarityOne is currently listed there.