To bluetooth or not to bluetooth

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by fionat29, Dec 14, 2011.

1. fionat29

fionat29 New Member

Hi there, Newbie alert!
    In the last year I have started jogging. In that time I have gone through 3 pairs of headphones, 3! Each time the wire coming out of the jack plug has given up the ghost so I end up with mono music, no good at all! So I joined this forum and the first question I looked at gave me the answer, bluetooth headphones. I have been on Amazon and had a look but I wondered if anyone had any experience with Plantronics BackBeat 903+ Stereo Bluetooth Headphones?? They get some fantastic reviews but also some really bad reviews. Help!!
    Also, has anyone got any general comments about using bluetooth, in-ear headphones for running? Thanks in advance. Fiona

As an edit to the above, loads of reviews saying that it's best not to sweat when wearing the Plantronics!! Not very good for running then! So has anyone tried Philips SHB6017/10 Sports Headphone Bluetooth Stereo Headset for iPhone/iPod instead?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. mrbullfrog

mrbullfrog New Member

Hi there Fiona, I guess you could call me a newbie as well. lol...

In all fairness I havent had any experience with the Plantronics BackBeat 903+ Stereo Bluetooth Headphones or the Philips SHB6017/10 Sports Headphone Bluetooth Stereo Headset for iPhone/iPod.

But what i have found is that using headband headphones dont work (personally) while running unless they are super tight and will eventually cut off circulation to your head. lol
    So atm im using something called the SD10 bluetooth headset which I got from mobilefun.co.uk.
    SoundWear SD10 Bluetooth Stereo Headset

Im not one to praise a product, but this has done exactly what i wanted to get from a bluetooth headset (neckband). I dont think anyone would say a bad word about esp for the price we got it for.

Hope this helps in any way at all :)

3. fionat29

fionat29 New Member

Twilight zone spooky!!

Thanks for the reply Mrbullfrog. I was blown away by the spooky coincidence of your reply! I took a look at the link you left me and guess what?? They are the exact pair I ended up buying!! Creepy or what?? Lol!! After much research and reading of reviews I got these from 7dayshop via amazon and they've been absolutely marvellous. When I got mine they were a little bit cheaper £18.99 but when my husband went to get some the price had done up to £22.99 so not much in it. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Fiona x