Too many to choose from! Help

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by cn165, Nov 4, 2012.

1. cn165

cn165 New Member

Hi, headphone newbie here.

It won't be long before Christmas is here and I'm wanting to get some really good headphones that I can enjoy at home or on long journeys, that have to be affordable/well built and comfortable. £150 max. I have been hit by the scarily huge amount of headphones that are out there and need some help choosing the right pair that will hopefully last for a long time to come.

Firstly I was attracted to SMS Audio's 'Street by 50' headphones, for build quality and comfort. However sound quality has had mixed opinions so I thought I would look and see what else is out there.

So here are my choices (all from this site of course):

Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO,

Sennheiser HD518/Sennheiser HD558,

Or the (very) cheap option - Frends The Classic Closed On-Ear Headphones .

I would mostly listen to rock/alternative music, for example the Red Hot Chili Peppers but I do listen to rap/hip-hop; so I need the headphones to not only give me a load of bass when it needs to but clear mid-tones and vocals too.

I hope somebody could help me with my decision, or even suggest another pair that I've missed out on.

Thank-you!

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

This is what I hear: Good bass, clear mids, build quality, comfort. Beyer DT770 Pro.

3. cn165

cn165 New Member

Thanks man! Much appreciated :)