Troubleshooting - Problem with Sony Wireless Headphone MDR-RF810R

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by wintermute001, Dec 28, 2011.

1. wintermute001

wintermute001 New Member

Hello,

I just bought this headphone after a long research. They seemed to be a good compromise between quality and price as most reviews are positive. Unfortunately it seems like I'm unlucky as hell. I charged the headphones before used as indicated (16 hours for the first charge) and proceeded to test them this morning.

Not only the background noise (as in white noise) was extremely loud but also the transmitter turned off after less than 5 minutes. After cutting the sound from the headphone, the the green indicator led on the transmitter flashed for 5 or 10 seconds before it turned completely off.

Help? And many thanks in advance.

P.S.: Obviously I intend to take it back to be replaced or repaired if no one can help me, I just wanted to see if I could avoid the hassle as asking for a refund in Italy is more difficult than licking the pope's forehead.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi wintermute001

In my experience it isn't worth buying cheaper wireless headphones. The sound is nearly always disappointing and they are hideously unreliable. I am sorry to say it but if you can get that refund, do it! This is why we only really sell the Sennheiser wireless headphones which are reliable and sound much better than most other brands. I have spoken to so many people who have had a bad experience with cheaper wireless headphones - the other alternative is to get a wired headphone and a long extension cable. Cable might seem low tech but it is far better for transfering music than even the nicest wireless headphones. This means all the money goes towards the components which reproduce sound and not towards compressing and sending your music through the air.

3. wintermute001

wintermute001 New Member

Thanks for the reply Robin.

I've learnt my lesson the hard way but I did learn. Tomorrow I'll try to get a refund and if I can't, oh well... At least one christmas present is already bought for next year.

When it comes to white noise level, does the Sennheiser headphones perform noticeably better than Sony's? (or any other for that matter).

Thanks again!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011