TV headphones?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by kaz2988, Jun 11, 2010.

1. kaz2988

kaz2988 New Member

I wonder if anyone could help - I want to get my dad a pair of headphones that plug into the TV for father's day. I need some advice on which to get. I want some wireless ones that don't affect other people being able to hear the TV, and aren't too expensive. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Kaz,

What a great present I'm sure he will be thrilled if he gets something like these -

Sennheiser RS120 Wireless Headphones (RS 120 Wireless Headset)

Unfortunately it looks like Sennheiser are completely discontinuing their excellent RS range of FM wireless headphones. These have been reliable FM frequency favourites for ages and this year Fathers day might see the last few of our RS120's gone.

The key to using wireless TV headphones in the way you describe is by plugging them into the Phono/RCA sockets as opposed to the 3.5mm jack socket which cuts out the speakers. This Phono/RCA connection means everyone else can have the volume as loud or quiet as they want but Dad can control his volume himself, and in this way the volume of his beloved family : )

If Dad is particularly Gadget mad and when the RS FM headsets have all gone the new Sennheiser RS 160, RS 170 and RS 180 are really quite amazing. Using Kleer audio technology they sound "lossless" - definately the very best sounding wireless headphones ever