UE 5pro / UE 10 and Custom Sleeves

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by Sambop, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Sambop

Sambop New Member

Hi folks - new to the forum and after some advice already!

I've got a pair of UE 5pro with some custom sleeves on, and looking to get a pair of tripple fi10's. I can't figgure out if my sleeves will fit them too. They 'look' like they should, as the units only go slightly into the sleeves.

I've spoken to ACS who made the sleeves and they've said that they're not 100% as they haven't tested themselves.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks,
    Sam

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Custom Sleeves

The Super.fi 5 Pro and Triple.fi 10 Pro have the same size nozzle on the earphone. You use the same size Comply Foam ear tip for both models.

My only concern is that the earphone body is a slightly different shape on the Triple.fi 10. If the custom sleeve fits around the body to any degree then that may cause difficulties with the of the sleeve.

I've just been looking at your photos of custom sleeves on the UE Super.fi 5 Pro and it looks as though the sleeve actually only fits over the nozzle. It looks very likely that it will fit OK.

3. Sambop

Sambop New Member

Thanks Shaun - going to give them a go, as even if I knew that they weren't going to fit I think I'd still be getting them. Just might have to save up for some new sleeves too :)