Upgrading iPod with Sennheiser HD205 headphones

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by woknad, Dec 14, 2008.

1. woknad

woknad New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I'm looking to replace my iPod headphones and was wondering if the Sennheiser HD205 were compatible?

I like the simplicity of their design however if there are any other similar looking headphones for up to £50 I'm open to suggestions?

Thanks for your help
  2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Upgrading iPod headphones

Yes, the Sennheiser HD205 is compatible with an iPod or other portable MP3 player. The HD205 has an impedance of just 32 Ohms, so is relatively easy to drive with lower power devices such as an MP3 player.

Below are a few other ideas:

Audio-Technica ATH-SJ5 - Closed back headband headphone with on-ear design. Rich bass response. Well built.

Sennheiser PX100 - Headband open back headphone. Lightweight folding design. Excellent value for money. Open back design means that sound leaks in/out.

Grado iGrado - Neckband open back headphone. Secure fit on the head for most people (can be used while exercising). Open back design means that sound leaks in/out.

AKG K518 - Closed back headphone. High quality design with good aesthetics. Single sided cable. Robust build quality.

The iGrado is my favourite headphone of the bunch! If you can live with the open back design and slightly quirky, but distinctly retro, styling then they are a very wise investment.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2008