Vintage Headphones - reviews - your advice

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by GroMac, Feb 13, 2011.

1. GroMac

GroMac New Member

Hello everyone,
    To make it short, I would just like to get some info on a few vintage headphones. I surfed the internet for a couple of hours and I desperatly seeking for reliable reviews.
    -the Prinzsound 808vs
    -Lancer Maeden Micro 2 Vintage Headphones BNIB 1970 s
    -Vintage Wharfedale DD 1 Headphones
    -Akai ASE-22
    -Pioneer SE30A (this one I found a few things but I wondered if you had an opinion.)

Also, but less important, would you be able to identify those headphones ? (Vintage Retro Phillips Stereo Headphones on eBay (end time 13-Feb-11 16:57:25 GMT)) the photo can be found in the lower part of the page.

Thank you very much,

Tim

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi GroMac

I have no personal experience with any of these models.

Are you a collector of vintage headphones? Sounds like it - Do you think we should have a vintage headphone section on the forum?

I will have a look for reviews of these and drop any links I find back here:)

3. GroMac

GroMac New Member

Hey Robin,

Thanks for replying. I guess I could call myself a collector but as I just started hunting down those old and unknown headphones, that title should not mistaken you in thinking I am an expert. Meanwhile, I do think that with the impressive "come back to fashion" of the 70's/80's style in the last decade some people have and will get interested in those authentic headphones that not only are symbols of a flourishing period but also surprisingly good musical items. So I guess a dedicated sectionon your forum would be a good idea.
    If I find some info about the headphones I was talking about, I'll post it aswell.

All the best,

Tim

4. RobinHiFi

I'll Have a look around this week and see what I can dig up. If you and other forum members think you would like a vintage area let me know:)

5. kelvinmunson

kelvinmunson New Member

Hi Robin

I would also be very interested in a vintage headphone section on the forum.

I have a few sets of older headphones, some of which I have purchased and refurbished.

There seems to be little by way of technical info or reviews available for many of these headsets, maybe between us there are members who have useful information they could share.

Kelvin

6. RobinHiFi

Hi Kelvin!

I will get that sorted out - I had not thought of putting a vintage section in before. Expect to see it in the next couple of weeks.:)

7. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

New vintage headphones forum

It took a little less time than expected! :D

Please visit our new Vintage Headphone forum.

I'm looking forward to learning a bit about headphones from times gone by...