Vintage Headphones?

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by nettydi, Sep 24, 2015.

1. nettydi

nettydi New Member

Hope someone can help with info on headphones and also maybe what they are worth? Cannot upload image yet as file too big.
    STEREO HEADPHONE MODEL LP-200 TOKYO JAPAN. White/cream ears with volume control on each one.

Attached Files:

2. nettydi

nettydi New Member

Picture of headphones

Attached Files:

3. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

What they are worth is probably little or nothing. I have several headphones that cost between $200 to $500 USD that I haven't been able to sell, because the market is glutted with them. If your headphone (likely a Panasonic or similar low-cost studio version) were something like a Beyer DT-48 or one of the rare limited edition Sony's that sell for $1000 or so used, then you could try selling it on eBay. Note that having analog volume controls on a headphone is very undesirable for sonic fidelity.

4. nettydi

nettydi New Member

Bugging me because I cannot find them on anything on the web. Would be nice to know what they were to be honest. I cannot really sell them even for £5 if I cannot state what they are.

5. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

The first things I look at are the earcups and then the headband supports that hold the earcups. That's why I thought of Panasonic. But rather than a quality, pricy headphone made for critical studio monitoring, yours looks like the kind that studios buy in boxes of 50-100 for non-critical listening for session musicians etc. But even then, yours may sound good. Most headphones sold today sound worse than many of the 30-year-old models.

6. nettydi

nettydi New Member

Wire is a little loose so got it in a position where sound comes through fully and would say they are 7/10 sound wise.