Westone UM3X

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by jonchan2003, Mar 1, 2012.

1. jonchan2003

jonchan2003 New Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Hi, I am currently looking at upgrading from my etymotic er4-p (which I use as an 's' most of the time thorugh a converter) and am thinking of getting the Westone UM3X. I am quite a fan of the analytical sound of the ety's but find them a bit cold at times and lacking in bass. I have a few questions first though:

1) Would they be an upgrade to the er4-p or just a sidegrade?
    2) Does the 30 day return policy still apply to the UM3X that is B grade listed in the warehouse deals section?
    3) As long as I use my own comply tips will the UM3X still be returnable?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Hi jonchan2003,

I think these would be a good choice of upgrade. They retain some of the qualities you probably like about the Etymotics but have a much stronger command of bottom end power.

We cannot take In Ears back into stock as new because of the obvious hygiene implications. Sometimes we might buy them back from customers at a second hand price so we can replace the tips, hygienically clean the units and resell them at a discount. The BGrade pair you are looking at have been opened so it would probably be a good idea to communicate directly with us if you are not sure whether you want this product - feel free to give us a call on 01903 768910.:)