What Audio Player to buy?

Discussion in 'Portable Audio Sources' started by Van Gogh, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Van Gogh

Van Gogh New Member

Hey guys,

So a week ago I bought an M50 with Fiio E17.
    It sounds amazing connected to my laptop with USB (as a DAC) but not so good connected to my blackberry (E17 with 3.5mm plug and than to headphone)
    I neeed a new music player, my blackberry doesnt do it

What I want in a portable music player !!!

1) I have no Ipods or Iphones, so I am open to all alternatives, don't really care about Apple products so if there is something better there as a music player I am all for it.
    2) I know that Iphones and IPODS have ability to bypass the internal amplifier with L9 or L3 and I want that ability.
    3) I want the player to have the ability to play loseless files (I guess FLAC?) easily and in good way and because of that have high internal memory too. I think thats the reason I dont want Iphone, its memory is not enough.
    4) I don't mind if a player is big and bulky portability is not important for me haha.
    5) Anything else important I don't know about that your recommended player has?

Any tips?

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

The FiiO X3 is supposed to be good, but max. memory might not be enough. If I had the cash, I'd get the A-K 120. It's costly, but has everything you need.

Don't forget, for portable listening you can't hear fine details because they're buried in ambient noise. You might think you can, but check the ambient noise level outdoors and remember that with music dynamics on good quality lossless tracks, the softer parts will fall below the noise level outdoors.

3. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I didn't think I'd be getting this, but since my 1000-plus FLAC tracks are only 45 gb total, I'm good to go.