What headphone to buy budget £200

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Max, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Max

Max New Member

Hi,

So these days I'm looking for a good headphone with a budget of +/- £200
    I'm going to use it for tv, movies, computer (no games) and at work.
    Music I listen to is dance, top40, euro-dance, bhangra, chutney and bollywood.
    I don't know it's goint to be a closed or half-open headphone.

i don't know if it's going to be with cable or wireless. Wouldn't be the sound quality better with cable?

Please advice me which headphones (closed and half-open) would be suitable for me.

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Closed Back Headphones

In this list, if you scroll down to the £200 level and below, the Shure 940 and Audio-Technica 700's are very good, but they are highly detailed and some say, slightly bright. Below that, the Pioneer SE-MJ591 is the polar opposite, with very reduced highs. Very reduced. Then following that are two excellent headphones, the Audio-Technica M50 and German Maestro 8.35D. All of these provide reasonable isolation for working around other people.

3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Max

First of all I would go for a cabled headphone. Not only is the sound quality better with a cable (no compression to transfer the sound) but a cable is a cheaper method of sending sound, this means a higher percentage of the cost will have been spent of the drivers that make the sound.

You need to opt for a closed back so you are isolated well from the outside world and your workmates will not be bothered either. have a look at these -

Best full size headphones

and these as DJ headphones tend to be smaller, tougher and isolate well they are really good for travelling with.

Best DJ Headphones

If you see a pair you like the sound of please feel free to ask more questions:)

4. Max

Max New Member

Thanks al for posting. I'll have a look at it.