What Headphones

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by Mr.P., Feb 4, 2011.

1. Mr.P.

Mr.P. New Member

What Headphones should I buy for my ipod to use as a portable pair , I use with a Headphone Amp. Denon AH D 1000, Audio Technica ATH M50, Beyer Dynamic DT 770, Sennheiser HD 380, Audio Technica ATH ES 55, Shure SRH 840. Thanks.

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

What headphones to buy?

It looks like you've distilled the list of available headphones down to most of the very good ones, but what headphone to buy? :confused:

You have selected a variety of different sized models, with the Sennheiser HD380 being one of the largest (it has big oval ear cups) and the Audio-Technica ATH-ES55 being the smallest (these are on-ear, whereas all the rest are over-ear).

If you want very portable the Audio-Technica ATH-ES55 is a great choice.

If you can live with larger, over ear headphones then the either the Audio-Technica ATH-M50, Beyerdynamic DT770 or Shure SRH840 would be my choice.

3. Mr.P.

Mr.P. New Member

Thanks for that. I want them for portable use and will be using on pulic transport so I don't want them leaking sound.I have a C-Moy Headphone Amp but want to upgrade to a Graham Slee Voyager or something simular.What would you suggest? Many Thanks.