Where to go to test out in ear monitors

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by Tomo, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Tomo

Tomo New Member

My favourite headphones are the Klipsch x10's but they have been withdrawn (because of the number of fake ones around) and replaced by x10i. These replacements have an in-line switch which must interfere with the quality. I need a pair as good as these but without the gubbins in the line. Because of the health and hygene revolution, you can't return them if they don't come uo to expectations. Where can you try out a range of IEM's without that hassle?

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

There are serious hygiene concerns to sharingIn-Ear Monitors. I don't believe this is "Health and Safety gone mad". If you allow people to share an IEM in a place of work you become directly liable for any cross infection - not really what businesses are looking for. IEMs are not covered by the distance selling regulations or fully by the sales of goods act - This is because they are partially exempt (as are medical devices, food and drink, anything that enters a body cavity and anything which is hygiene sealed) which means you cannot force a retailer to take them back if they work. If they are faulty themn they are covered normally but you will appreciate that they can never be sold as new as there is no way to properly sanitise them.

If there was a big plate of sandwiches in a shop and customers were invited to take a bite and put them back I don't think I would be up for finishing off a half eaten one!:D