Which Headphone for General Purposes?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by MichaelG, May 31, 2011.

1. MichaelG

MichaelG New Member

hello, i'm pretty new to this and not too sure whether i'm posting in the correct place. But here goes.
    I recently just bought some wireless Sony headphones and i'm sending them back as they keep dropping out. So i decided to just stick with wired headphones as i ocassionaly take long trips and would like an alternative to my current in-ear headphones. I want on ear headphones :)
    I like the look of the WeSC Oboe headphones, and they seem to fit the bill, as i don't want big, bulky headphones as i will be using them in public. I was just wondering if anybody had any experience with these headphones or could give me some info on what they are like, i.e sound quality, durability, reliabity, sound leakage and compatability with iPods?
    They will be used mainly for iPod (just Music, no apps or nothing :), i like my music to be at a good quality also, so good sounding headphones top the gender for me as i like top quality tunes :) my laptop, my TV (watching shows and Gaming on XBOX 360, and general travel on train or bus.
    I'm looking to spend around £30-£40 on a pair with a style similair to the above mentioned cans.
    Any info or recommendations you could give would be great.
    thank you in advance :)
    Michael.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi MichaelG

WeSC are a fashion brand but a reasonably serious one. I'm very sure this brand has kept a keen eye on Skullkandy and really avoided some of the more obvious mistakes. They have kept the sound and build quality up and have a fantastic selection of colours and patterns to suit anyone.

The colour or pattern I will leave to you cannot go far wrong with WeSC Bongo

They are surprisingly good sound wise with very few faulty returns despite being the headphone of choice for many youngsters.

3. MichaelG

MichaelG New Member

thanks buddy :)
    i actually chose a pair of Coloud Marvel Headphones as i really like comics, and just decided to take a gamble :)
    i really like the Bongo's, and had done before posting that thread, however they where just a few pounds out of my price range.
    however i must say that after a little tinkering with EQ's, the Coloud headphones are very good for the price. :)
    have you heard of... or used them? :)

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

I have tried those exact ones and they are not bad - in fact very similar to the WeSC designs. As quite a fan of Spidey and Wolverine I think this was a good choice, remember with Marvel headphones comes great responsibility:D