Which Headphones Under £60

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by bezzy3004, Jan 1, 2011.

1. bezzy3004

bezzy3004 New Member

Hi. I require a decent pair of phones to replace my aged Technics RP-F500's my budget is no more than £60.00. I Feel very comfortable with the enclosed ear type rather than sit on or in ear, i have read that open back type generaly produce a better quality of sound than other types, are there open back cover the ear type phones available? I generally listen to very well produced recordings of pop, rock, and a bit of classical masterpeices so require the maximum sound quality and detail retrieval possible for the money. Mininum noise leakage would also be an advantage but am open to compromise. I have selected a few What HIFI ***** ive looked at.

1. Beyerdynamic DTX50 £60
    2. Grado iGrado £40 ( Outstanding reviews but leak a lot of sound)
    3. Phillips SHS8000 £25
    4.Sennheiser PMX80 £37
    5.Ultimate Ears Superfi3 £60
    6.Sennheiser HD 203 ?
    7 Sennheiser Cx300ii

2. Trunkz

Trunkz New Member

One of the main problems with cheap(er) closed-back headphones is that the enclosed 'ear chamber' isn't well designed, so for that price range you are better off opting for open-back unless sound leakage is a no-no in your case.

3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Bezzy and Trunks, Happy New Year!

I absolutely love these

AiAiAi Tracks Closed-Back Retro Street Headphones in Black
    £49.96

They look like a triumph of style over substance but believe it or not they sound even better than they look. Danish design and even available with iPhone controller and mic. Amazing for £50!