Which in ear headphone?

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by Michael fearn, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Michael fearn

Michael fearn New Member

At the title suggests I am after a set of in ears upto £100

I was going to wait for the soundmagic e80c but after reading around I'm not too sure.
    I have looked at the sennheiser momentum dunu titans and others.

I must admit I've always been a massive fan of sennheiser having the hd650 for studio use hd25 for dj
    Amongst many other pairs of sennheisers which I've always loved. I listen to house techno and mainly just dance music. Yes I do like the low end to punch through but not too overwhelming and want things to stand out on their own to produce a clear non fatigueing sound.

What would you go for in this £100 max bracket.

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

The Momentum looks good here: http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/sen...-earphones-with-android-controls-mic-red.html

But this IE60 has a different design and may be a better fit, depending on your ears. It costs more, but you should check out the reviews just in case: http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/sennheiser-ie60-in-ear-isolating-earphones.html

3. Michael fearn

Michael fearn New Member

So are u saying the sennheisers would be best bet or are their others which u would recommend. Thanks.

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

If you do some research and come up with a few examples that interest you, I might be able to offer some insight on those. But since earphones are so personal and intimate, there's no way to recommend something that would likely not fit or suit your tastes. Headphones are different, because they are strictly external.

5. glassmonkey

glassmonkey New Member

dalethorn likes this.
  6. henders

henders New Member

The SoundMAGIC E80C is worth waiting for in my opinion.

The E80 is an incredible sounding earphone for the money. Clear, open and punchy at the bottom end. It responds nicely to decent sources too, e.g. high resolution players, DACs, etc.

The build quality is way better than the competition also, with strong anti-tangle cable and all metal components. The jack plug is a work of art! Compared with the rather plastic fantastic Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear they are very well made indeed.

Not sure when the E80C will be available though. Best to ask the guys at HFH.

7. TonyW

TonyW Administrator Staff Member

The SoundMAGIC E80C will be available from mid August 2016, for product details please follow this link: E80C.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  8. ScottAO

ScottAO New Member

I would give the Yamaha EPH-100 some serious consideration :)

dalethorn likes this.