Which laptop & iPod headphones?

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by biscuitchops, Nov 25, 2008.

1. biscuitchops

biscuitchops New Member

I'm new here, and have come here for some advice on buying a pair of headphones to use on my iPod and laptop.

Since reading lots of reviews, I more confused then ever.

I listen to funk, hiphop, ambient, electronica music. I'm not looking for in ear headphones .. make my ears itch. My current pair of Sennheiser HD485 are to bulky to take on travels with me and make my ears sweat after couple of hours.

I tried on the Bose on ear headphones at £120, and found then to be really comfortable. However I did not get the chance to try them out for sound quality on my iPod.

I'm looking for something that is similar size and comfort to Bose on ear headphones. Reading through many forum posts I've come to realise that Bose is quite expensive for what you get.

What can you guys recommend based on my requirements and music taste?

Budget it up to £150.

Would really really really appreciate any comments.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  2. jimmyb

jimmyb New Member

iPod & laptop headphones

I listen to music on my computer and iPod with a pair of Sennheiser HD 25-SP II's. They are supra aural, i.e. they sit on the ear.

The HD25's have a closed back that is very effective in keeping noise out and no one can hear what you are listening to! Very good sound quality from computer, TV, MP3 player, etc

They are a closed dynamic headphone designed for DJ use in high noise environments.

The HD25's are very tough, every part is replaceable if it's ever damaged. Two metre cord with 3.5mm plug, will plug straight into your TV, PC etc.

Highly recommended, they cost me $195 Australian dollars about six months ago.