Which of these should i buy?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by sam92646, Apr 7, 2012.

1. sam92646

sam92646 New Member

Hey everyone

I currently own some Soundmagic pl30's and am loving them as in ear's but i want to get some over/on ear headphones.

After doing some research on which headphones to buy i am stuck between about 6 sets. Could you help me narrow it down please.

xb500: These seem like they would be very comfortable but they are very large so unless the sound quality is amazing i would not get these.
    Shure srh440: These are the most expensive at about £55 they are at the top end of my budget. Are they worth it?
    Denon ahd510: These seem like a cheaper pair of srh440's not sure about these.
    Shure srh240a: I am guessing this is the cheaper pair of the 440's.
    Denon ah-d310: These seem decent at £35
    Sennheiser202: These seem like one of the best all round headphones at £30 money can buy.
    Goldring dr100: I dont know much about these..

I know its a long list, i am really stuck at which ones to buy.
    Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Thanks =)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Out of these ones I only really rate the xb500, the Shure srh440 and the Denon D510 (Denon have discontiued the current range so you might get a bargain!) The Shures have the lightest bass but the best detail.:)

3. sam92646

sam92646 New Member

hi Robin thanks for the reply, i think the xb500's are a bit big to take outside the house, as for the Shures i am looking for something with a good amount of bass so i dont think i will be getting those. I think i will try and search for a bargain pair of denon's. Thanks =)