Which one would recommend for superior isolation?

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by ayrshiredude, Nov 29, 2010.

1. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude New Member

Ok am trying to find a pair of in ear headphones that will offer superior sound quality, with a decent bass and good clear detail and also provide excellent exterior sound isolation. I have a pair of Sennheiser CX300II's and also a pair of Soundmagic PL30's at the moment. both offer ok sound but dreadfull isolation. Everytime I see something that looks like it might do the job I read a review that slates it. I have pent way too much time researching and now am wonderiing about the following earphones so would be most grateful for any advice as to their overall quality of sound and, importantly, their noise isolation.

Ultimate Ears 700
    Ultimate ears Super Fi 5 pro.

I believe both of these are dual driver earphones which gives great detail and clarity but also good defined bass.

any other suggestions would also be appreciated

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

3. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude New Member

I would love the westones however there a little too expensive. that's why I looked at these 2 models. another one I came across is the klipsch s5 or is it x5 they seem to have good all round sound with good bass and great isolation. what do u think about these?

Thanks again.

4. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

The Klipsch X5 is a single balanced armature earphone that sounds really good, but not really any better than the Phonak Audeo PFE 012 (plus some Comply Foam tips) in my opinion.

I've not heard the Klipsch S5 yet. It's a dynamic driver earphone with a very similar looking design to the S4. I'm guessing it has plenty of bass punch, but maybe not the clarity of the Phonak.

5. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude New Member

Ok thanks for that. Whats the sound isolation like on the Audeo PFE 012 Perfect Bass Earphones? I've read its not that great. And how much better would it be with Comply tips goven the issues I seem to have with the PL30's and CX300s?