Whittlebury Hall

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by njt, Oct 16, 2012.

1. njt

njt New Member

You were demonstrating the Icon Audio headphone amplifier at the National Audio show and it sounded very good. What specification was the model you had at the show as it appeared to have upgraded valves fitted? Were the caps the upgradd versions as well?

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi NJT,

Did we meet? Hello again if we did. That show was really fun but also very tiring.

The Icon HP8 MkII that we had at the show is the fully upgraded version. Very similar character to the normal one but the clarity and precision really shine through - mainly I believe due to the Jensen oil filled capacitors which are the Icon favoured caps upgrade. I do not know exactly what the valves have been swapped to as when we had the amp upgraded I asked the very talented David Shaw from Icon to pick his choice of valves, he is a valve aficionado so I would reccomend a chat with him if you are looking to upgrade an already existing unit. If you would like a brand new unit with upgrades we can help put you in touch to make ssure you get exactly what you want. If you really want an amp identical to the one we had at the show we can have this specified and customised for you:)

Hope you had a good time at Whittlebury.

3. njt

njt New Member

Icon Audio HP8

Robin,

If you can get the same specification and a price for me that would be great.

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

I have sent you an email about the HP8 MkII:)