Will they work with my mobile?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Cyclops, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops New Member

I have been looking to buy some quality headphones that i think look awesome. I have chosen 3 options but i need to know if they will work with my mobile as i have had lots of issues with Samsung and headphones in the past.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, it has a 3.5mm jack socket (not sure if its protected or unprotected). I already have some Skullcandy Agents that work fine but im looking to upgrade.

These are the three options:
    Zinken Black Headphones - Urbanears

Fanny Wang On-Ear Wangs - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Monster® Diesel VEKTR Black Ultra Performance Folding Headphones | Monster Cable Headphones Store at Universal Music

Any help on the matter will be greatly appreciated.

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

The Fanny Wang has a 5-star rating at Amazon, and also has an established reputation, so that seems like a "safe" bet. But the other two are unknown to me. I know the lower priced Urbanears aren't so great having listened to them, but this DJ model - is it new? If it's new it may take awhile to get reviewed and compared.

3. Cyclops

Cyclops New Member

I will try the Fanny Wangs first then and yes the urbanears Zinken is a new model designed for DJ's. All of them have good reviews though.

4. shamik77

shamik77 New Member

I am not satisfied with the sound quality with my Samsung Galaxy
    headphone. I need a better headphone (in-the-ear) which is compatible
    with Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 mobile phone. As I'm a music lover, I like to have
    exellent with-cord headphone for my mobile set. Please suggest me some great Galaxy Y
    compatible corded in-the-ear headphones (preferably Sony) for me.
    With regards
    Mr. Shamik Ghosh

5. Cyclops

Cyclops New Member

Depends on budget but here are two options:
    £20.00 Cygnett Razor II In-Ear Headphones with Ribbon Cable: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

£66.00 Beyerdynamic DTX101 iE Performance In-Ear Earphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Both are great in-ear headphones for the price. I have owned both in the past.
    Any headphones without a mic should work. The reason ones with mics dont is that samsung have blocked out third party manufacturers but changing the hardware. A standard with mic jackplug has the mic ring at the end (4th of 4) but samsung has made it so their phones only work if the mic is 3rd of 4 rings.