Wireless and Noise Cancelling Headphone

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by holysmokes, Jan 24, 2009.

1. holysmokes

holysmokes New Member

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a high quality wireless, noise cancelling headphone?

I want to use it both for studying (noise reduction) and exercise (noise reduction/ wireless). I must be able to connect both to home AV Receiver and MP3 player.

Thanks

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Wireless noise cancelling headphones

It's not a common combination to have wireless AND noise cancelling features in the same headphone. Both technologies reduce the quality of the audio signal, so the result may well be a poor sounding product.

You may want to consider a wireless headphone that isolates you from noise, rather than uses noise cancellation electronics. Noise cancelling electronics is really only any good at cancelling out steady, low frequency noises.

See our guide to noise cancelling headphones for a bit more information the limitations of this type of headphone.

3. Cocohoney

Cocohoney New Member

Hi, I have been looking for some of these too for my husband, for gaming and when studying.
    Can you tell me what you mean by a wireless headphone that isolates you from noise? Or make any recommendations?
    Thanks! Soory to butt in on your Q holysmokes.

4. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

I mean a headphone that isolates you from noise by sealing over the ear - these headphones are normally called closed back headphones.